You will love the vibrant basil color and flavor in this dressing. The pair of basil and honey just can’t be beat. I like to make this dressing in summer, when basil is plentiful, and use it in salad greens that include tomatoes, fennel or olives.
Photo via http://www.cookdays.com/salad/spring-green-salad/
- 1 cup basil leaves, packed
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium shallots
- 1/2 cup natural apple cider
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup wine vinegar, or a little more to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place basil, oil, and shallots in food processor
- Process until smooth
- Add all remaining ingredients and process again, until smooth
- Store refrigerated in a glass jar.