Basil Honey Dressing Recipe
Posted on 30th of June, 2012 by Lévana
You will love the vibrant basil color and flavor in this dressing. The pair of basil and honey just can’t be beat. I like to make this dressing in summer, when basil is plentiful, and use it in salad greens that include tomatoes, fennel or olives.
- 1 cup basil leaves, packed
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium shallots
- 1/2 cup natural apple cider
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup wine vinegar, or a little more to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place basil, oil, and shallots in food processor
- Process until smooth
- Add all remaining ingredients and process again, until smooth
- Store refrigerated in a glass jar.
Photo via http://www.cookdays.com/salad/spring-green-salad/