Smoked salmon, lemon zest, chick peas, artichoke hearts, avocado?
Marriages made in salad heaven! Move over Bagels and lox! In this delightful smoked salmon salad, I did nothing more than a little flavor matchmaking and made it a main course salad.
You will find this smoked salmon salad quite elastic:
Substitute whatever interesting salad greens you will find on shopping day for the ones I have selected, all good and colorful: tomatoes, fresh corn, beans etc….
- 2 heads Boston or other good quality salad greens, torn into bite-size pieces
- 8 ounces good quality smoked salmon, cut in strips
- 2 cups canned chick peas
- 1 10-ounce box frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 3 roasted red peppers, bottled OK, sliced thin
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- ½ cup olive oil
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons prepared white horseradish (or 2 tablespoons wasabi mixed with a little water)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a bowl until well mixed and emulsified.
Arrange all salad ingredients nicely in a salad platter, and pour the dressing over.