I love love love red cabbage.
I can’t recommend this enough:
Please give your food processor all your slicing and your chopping to do in a jiffy!
You will enjoy all these chopped, shredded and sliced salads much more often, as I do!
- 1 small head red cabbage, quartered, cores cut off
- 1 small red onion
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, packed
- 1 bunch flat parsley
- 1 bunch dill
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- salt and peper to taste
Use the food processor. Slice the cabbage and onion very thin, using the thin-slicing blade and transfer to a salad bowl. Switch to the metal chopping blade, using the pulse button, and chop the mint, parsley and dill fine, but be sure not to chop too fine, so the herbs retain texture and color.
Whisk the dressing ingredients in a cup, and pour over the salad. Toss thoroughly.
- Combine the cabbage with shredded carrots, sliced celery, sliced radishes (the health salad above)
- Make it without the pomegranate or herb selection, just chopped dill. Dressing with olive oil and cider vinegar
- Asian Red Cabbage Salad: use scallions, shredded carrots, roasted cashews or peanuts, cilantro. Dressing: Toasted sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, grated ginger.