My Radicchio Endive Fennel Salad is my latest triumph.
I created it as a special gift to a special friend for a special (upper round number) birthday.
Everything about this Radicchio salad is delightful and luxurious. The colors, the crunch, the flavors.
I used Raspberry vinaigrette, which took it to a whole new level
When figs in season, pounce on them and put them in this radicchio salad. They are fabulous.
I got lucky and found fresh baby corn at a good price, so I threw it in. But if you don’t find it, skip it rather than ruin your gorgeous creation with canned baby corn; it is by no means essential.
- 1 medium radicchio head, sliced very thin
- 1 medium head fennel, sliced very thin lengthwise
- 2 medium endives, sliced very thin lengthwise
- 3 cups baby kale leaves, sliced thin
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 6 ripe fresh figs, quartered
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Optional: 1/2 cup soft goat cheese, cut into small chunks
- 1/2 cup Raspberry Vinaigrette
Gently toss together the radicchio, fennel, endive, kale and shallot, and arrange nicely on a salad platter.
Just before serving, add the figs, nuts and optional cheese.
Pour the dressing all over.