This Ricotta Almond Tart was just created!
I developed it expressly to showcase the new and delicious Fresh & Healthy Ricotta: So excited!
Ricotta Almond Tart is a great Italian classic dessert favorite, and this is my take on it. Anyone looking for a nice departure from the traditional all-American Cheesecake? Look no further: My Ricotta Almond Tart is for you! Light and ethereal, with a wonderful almond crust and scented with lemon peel.
Almond crust ingredients
- 1/2 cup almonds, skins on
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or Sucanat
- Dash salt
- 2 cups flour (any flour, including gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons cold water, a little more if needed
- 3 cups whole-milk Fresh & Healthy Ricotta
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unflavored brandy or rum (liquor stores)
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2/3 sliced unpeeled almonds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Make the crust: in a food processor, finely grind the almonds with the sugar. Add the salt, flour, vanilla and butter and pulse just until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Make sure you do not over mix. Add the water and pulse 2-3 times, just until the dough comes together. Working quickly, spread into an 11-inch springform pie plate, or 6 4-inch tartlet molds, coming up the sides.
Whisk all the filling ingredients together. Pour the filling into the pie crust (s). Bake about 40 minutes, or until set. Let the Ricotta almond tart come to room temperature, and cut into wedges.