My Chilled Corn Soup is as easy as smoothie!
It is deliciously refreshing. Talk about a summer treat! And no cooking whatsoever. Do not hesitate to serve it to company.
Corn and avocados are natural partners:
And not only in this chilled corn soup and many other treats. Avocados give the soup its unctuousness.
Fresh corn is plentiful in summer, and used raw.
It is that tender and sweet! But if for some reason you can’t get it, frozen corn will be a good runner up in this chilled corn soup.
Keep all ingredients cold if you intend to serve the corn soup immediately. If not, chill a few hours. Like all dishes involving avocado, it is best to serve the soup on the day you make it, or no more than a day later.
- Corn kernels from 4 ears fresh corn (settle for 1 pound frozen corn kernels)
- 2 ripe avocados
- juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers
- 5-6 sprigs cilantro, tough stems removed
- 4 scallions
- 4 cups milk or dairy-free milk (rice, soy, almond etc...)
- Salt and ground white pepper to taste
Blend all ingredients in a blender, in batches if necessary, until perfectly smooth. Add a little cold water or milk if necessary to obtain a smooth light soup. Chill completely before serving.