This Mock Crab Pasta Salad includes many of my favorite summer flavors!
The only cooking that goes on in this dish is boiling water to soak the pasta. Mock Crab is easily available in the freezer section of your supermarket, and is all natural. Although Mock Crab pasta is delicious with rice noodles, if you are a diehard wheat pasta lover, simply substitute your favorite pasta for the rice noodles, and proceed with the recipe.
You will love the summery ingredients I have included in my mock crab pasta, but if you would rather replace or skip some ingredients (example: Zucchini instead of artichoke hearts, or neither) it’s all right too!
- 1 pound frozen mock crab chunks, thawed and finely crumbled
- 4 roasted red peppers, bottled OK, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup oil-cured black olives or nicoise
- 2 cups sun-dried tomatoes, briefly soaked in warm water, and squeezed dry, sliced thin
- 1 10 ounce frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, packed, sliced thin
- 1 pound rice noodles, soaked in hot water 5 minutes and drained, 1/2 cup liquid reserved
- 2/3 cup very good olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
Place all salad ingredients in a bowl and toss. Serve at room temperature.