Avocado cucumber soup: pure seduction!
Is chilled and spicy what you are after? OK then, avocado cucumber soup! Nothing to it. Oh, and no cooking whatsoever. Perfect for those days when it is too hot to turn on your oven or to enjoy after a day in the sun.
My avocado cucumber soup is a snap to make, and delightfully refreshing.
Just one recommendation: Try your best to make it on the day you intend to serve it. Or make it in advance without the avocados, and mash the avocados and stir them in just before serving.
- 4 cups unflavored yogurt or dairy-free yogurt
- 4 ripe avocadoes, peeled and halved
- 4 ribs celery, peeled
- 1-2 jalapeños
- 1 large seedless cucumber, peeled
- 1 large bunch dill, fronds and stems
- 1 medium purple onion, quartered
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6–8 cups water, milk or dairy-free milk (start with less, adding gradually to thin the soup to a good texture)
In a blender or food processor, mix all ingredients, in batches.
Chill the soup. Garnish with dill (or mint) and minced jalapeno
Variation: Minted Avocado Cucumber Soup
Substitute 1 cup packed mint leaves for the dill. Proceed just as above.
Makes a good 8 servings.