Is chilled and spicy what you are after? Nothing to it with this cold avocado cucumber soup, and no cooking! My avocado cucumber soup is a snap to make, and delightfully refreshing. Just one recommendation: Try your best to make it on the day you intend to serve it, or make it in advance without the avocados, and mash the avocadoes and stir them in just before serving.
- 4 cups unflavored yogurt or dairy-free yogurt
- 4 avocadoes, peeled and halved
- 4 ribs celery, peeled
- 1-2 jalapeños
- 1 large seedless cucumber, peeled
- 1 large bunch dill, fronds and stems
- 1 medium purple onion, quartered
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6–8 cups water, milk or dairy-free milk (start with less, adding gradually to thin the soup to a good texture)
In a blender or food processor, mix all ingredients, in batches.
Chill the soup.
Variation: Minted Avocado Cucumber Soup
Substitute 1 cup packed mint leaves for the dill. Proceed just as above.