Bison (and all) Burgers with all Toppings Recipe
Posted on 1st of July, 2011 by Lévana
Please don’t get impatient! there is simply no recipe for delicious and healthy burgers. But there sure is lots of good tips:
- Lean please!
- Any meat you like: Bison: Go for it whenever you can get your hands on it: Ideally lean and gamy and very low in cholesterol, and decently priced too: I hope it’s tomorrow’s meat! Ground beef, extra lean please; ground turkey; ground chicken; ground tuna; ground salmon.
- You think you can’t get a good burger unless you fire a grill? We backyard-less and grill-less city dwellers enjoy delicious hamburgers all the time. Of course if would be great to have the outdoors space and the grill and the fun, but we must work with what we have!
- Get yourself a good wide nonstick skillet. Forget about the pre-shaped burgers you will find at your butcher’s store, that save you a few seconds but ruin your burgers. Heat your skillet till it’s real good and hot. Shape your burgers nice and thick, absolutely nothing added (one exception: the Sephardi-style spicy meatballs and burgers, which don’t get any added toppings or condiments), place them in your skillet, and cook them about 1 minute on each side for medium rare, a drop more for medium, but please don’t overcook them or they won’t be good and juicy!
- Get yourself a good quality whole grain hamburger buns. Gluten-free is available too, in health food stores. Toast them if you like.
- Now play with your toppings, anything you like: Ketchup, bottled hot sauce, thinly sliced onions, sliced tomatoes, good pickles, lettuce leaves.
- Open wide: you are in for a treat!!